Catholic Charities of Boston Advancement office located in Braintree, seeks a full-time Vice President for Advancement to join its team of dedicated professionals. The Vice President for Advancement oversees and directs fundraising activities including developing and implementing a comprehensive, multi-year development strategy, creating and executing an annual development plan; and identifying, cultivating and soliciting funds from public and private funding entities and individuals.
The Vice President for Advancement will report to the President of Catholic Charities. The individual will serve as a member of the senior management team and as a liaison to the Board of Trustees and Catholic Charities advisory boards.
The Vice President for Advancement will recruit, mentor, and oversee the Advancement Department staff and will collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Department to support the creation of materials for fundraising activities.
- Qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience working in Advancement/Development with staff management, annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, capital campaign, event planning, and marketing and public relations experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is essential.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues and volunteers are essential.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to establish objectives and priorities, achieve goals, and meet deadlines.
- Competent computer skills with proven knowledge of Microsoft Word Suite and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge is helpful.
- The ability to work some evenings and weekends is essential.
- Candidates also should have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and a vehicle for personal travel.
Catholic Charities is one of the largest providers of social services in the Commonwealth offering a broad range services (Basic Needs, Early Childhood Education, At Risk Youth, Family Support, Adult Education) designed to strengthen and support families of all faiths.
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our important mission, programs, and fundraising activities.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org.Please reference job # 6027
We are an equal opportunity employer
No phone calls please