The Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigration Services Program in South Boston, has an opening for a full-time Staff Attorney to join its team of dedicated professionals.
The Staff Attorney is responsible for representing clients before the US Citizenship and Immigration Services and Immigration Court. The Attorney will field and screen telephone calls requesting immigration assistance. Schedule office consultations as appropriate. Conduct consultations using predetermined intake guidelines. Prepare appropriate applications, petitions and supporting documents to be submitted to the USCIS, Labor and/or State Department. Represent clients before the USCIS and Immigration Court. Prepare and file appropriate appeals, briefs and other legal memoranda assigned by supervising attorney.
The Staff Attorney will also work collaboratively with all immigration and program staff to achieve program's goals. Follow immigration representation and case management guidelines. Mentor and supervise law student interns and pro bono attorneys; coordinate assignments. Participate in community outreach and educational activities. Use the CLINIC network for legal support and professional development. Track and prepare case statistics and other program related data as required. Input case data into agency-wide case management database and handle any additional administrative aspects of the program.
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school in the US.
- Authorized to practice law. Admitted in MA preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years immigration law experience required. 3-5 years experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Portuguese preferred.
- Strong legal writing and communication skills.
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills including MS Office, familiarity with e-learning and webinars, experience with database systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to relate well and effectively in a diverse workplace with diverse client population is required.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, personal time and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service among many other generous benefits. We also offer onsite parking, and are accessible by public transportation
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference job #6071 in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We are equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at: www.ccab.org.