The Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigration Services Program in South Boston, has opening for a full-time Know Your Rights Staff Attorney to join its team of dedicated professionals.
The Know Your Rights Attorney will conduct group presentations to people throughout the geographic region of the Archdiocese of Boston. Conduct a minimum of 15 KYR presentations per month or more as demand requires. Use KYR script and presentation materials adapted from Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC). As appropriate amend print resources to reflect audience or program needs. Ensure constant supply of necessary print materials including the KYR pocket cards in various languages. Identify community language needs for translation of materials and interpreters at presentations. Utilize the services of CCAB Community Interpreter Services. Stay abreast of changes to immigration law and policy with particular attention to executive orders and directives related to immigrants and refugees. Outreach to various stakeholders, including but not limited to, parishes, places of worship, community organizations, public and private schools, health centers, etc., to offer the KYR presentation.
Conduct individual consultations and provide referrals as needed. Collaborate with other legal or non-legal service providers in the community to expand reach of KYR presentations.
Represent Catholic Charities in community efforts to meet immigration legal needs of individuals and increase services to immigrants. Work with CCAB creative team to post relevant KYR material on agency website and social media feeds. Track all outreach activities, presentations, number of attendees, in agency-wide database system.
Prepare quarterly qualitative and quantitative reports for supervisor and director.
Work collaboratively with other staff members. Attend internal and external meetings and trainings as required. Local travel is required for day, evening, and weekend work.
Other responsibilities as assigned. Ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the Catholic Charitable Bureau Archdiocese of Boston and Refugee and Immigration Services.
- Qualifications include Authorized to practice law. Admitted in any state. Department of Justice (DOJ) Accredited Representative will be considered.
- A minimum of one year prior work experience in immigration law. 2-3 years experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Portuguese strongly preferred.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Ability to breakdown complex and technical information to ensure people from all language and educational levels are able to comprehend.
- Excellent network-building and outreach skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills including MS Office and especially PowerPoint, Prezi or other presentation tools, and experience with database systems.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to relate well and effectively in a diverse workplace with diverse client population.
- Must have valid U.S. driver's license. Work travel is required, insurance coverage and access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, personal time and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service among many other generous benefits. We also offer onsite parking, and are accessible by public transportation.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference job #6072 in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We are equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at: www.ccab.org.