Catholic Charities Marketing and Communications office located in Braintree, seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications to join its team of dedicated professionals.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for managing the marketing, external and internal communications, public relations, and branding functions of the agency, including digital marketing, website management, media relations, crisis communications, creative/print collateral, special events, and donor relations. The Director of Marketing and Communications works in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment as an adept writer and project manager who excels in digital marketing, including social media engagement and measurement, website management and measurement, print publications, content creation and event marketing.
- The Director of Marketing and Communications will supervise assigned staff, provide performance feedback and annual appraisals.
- Maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain external public relations perception as it relates to crisis communications and positive promotion perception.
- Collaborate with designated public relations firm on an as needed and approved basis.
- Manage external website content and liaison with web vendor on an ongoing basis.
- Develop an effective direct mail program in collaboration with the Director of Operations and third party vendors to advance the mission and fundraising of the agency branding.
- Administer and maintain a full-bodied and sustainable agency brand both internally and externally with the contribution of the Assistant Vice President and Vice President of Advancement.
- Develop and manage relationships with employees and leadership across the agency to assess, strategize, develop and execute marketing and communications activities that support the strategic plan.
- Manage marketing efforts for fundraising events to include the development of collateral pieces and event-related messaging.
- In collaboration with members of the advancement team, manage agency participation in third party fundraising events to include The Boston Marathon, The Rodman Ride and special agency campaigns. Establish relationships and direct all marketing and promotional efforts.
- Attend events. Support and participate with the functions of the event to ensure a streamlined endeavor.
- Qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or business.
- Proven integrated marketing communications and website management experience.
- An innate sense of brand, storytelling and communicating across platforms.
- Interest and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Courteous presentation and phone skills. Comfort speaking to groups of varying size.
- Exceptional typing skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Proven skills with photography and videography.
- Experience using website content management systems, social media analytics and Google Analytics.
- Experience managing social media platforms and social media monitoring. Proficiency with LinkedIn, FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Hootesuite.
- Experience using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time in an office or other environment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, personal time and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service among many other generous benefits.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com,
Reference job #8036
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at: www.ccab.org.