The Catholic Charitable Bureau of the Archdiocese of Boston, Inc. is seeking a full-time Family Support Specialist to work 15 hours weekly with our Northeast Family Support Service Program of Merrimack Valley Catholic Charities in Lowell, MA.
The Family Support Specialist is responsible for visiting the Department of Children and Families (DCF) referred client families in their place of residence within the state of Massachusetts to provide assistance in meeting their basic needs, help parents to build self-reliance and family stability and support Parent-Child nurturing interactions. Provide education in parenting skills, home management skills, psycho education in Mental Health and Domestic Violence to caregivers, and assist families in identifying and accessing community resources. The Family Support Specialist may also supervise visitation between parents and children removed from home by DCF, provides transportation to children and parents back and forth to the visits, ensures child’s safety and adequate supervision. Promote and support parental resilience.
The ability to work varied hours on Saturday and Sunday to provide Parent Aide services or Supervised Visitation services in the community and some weekday hours in the Lowell office to complete case notes, visitation reports, monthly reports and other duties is required. Willingness to attend mandatory ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, Counseling or a related field.
- Good time management, interpersonal and problem solving skills are a must.
- Prior experience working with family dynamics, working with families in conflict, and families of diverse culture and ethnicity in a home based environment and experience working with the social service delivery system, preferably.
- Knowledge of personal and client safety obtained through related work and training is necessary.
- Good communication and organizational skills are necessary.
- Bilingual ability is helpful. Good writing and typing skills are needed with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle along with proof of adequate auto insurance coverage.
We offer a very generous benefits package that includes up to 3 weeks of accrued paid vacation after one year of working service, 12 paid holidays per year, paid sick time and 2 paid personal days.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of interest and resume to:
Please reference job #8051 in the subject line.
Visit us at www.ccab.org to learn more about our programs.
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer