The Catholic Charities Genesis II program located in Newton is seeking a full-time Program Director to join its team of dedicated professionals.
The Program Director will oversee all operations of the program including employee supervision, fiscal management, day-to-day operations, and site management. The Program Director is responsible for compliance of program policy and procedure as pertains to state and contract regulations. The Director ensures that employees are providing a safe and fostering residential environment to program participants.
The Director will also oversee all trainings and events for employees and shelter guests and serve as the primary liaison between volunteer groups and events. The Director must maintain personal and professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times.
- Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Social Service or a related field with a minimum of five years of direct care or related experience working in a shelter or residential program and a minimum of three years of experience supervising employees.
- A working knowledge of shelter operations and residential program state regulations.
- Proven skill and prior training and competency with crisis avoidance and de-escalation skills.
- Competent leadership and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity working with a diverse and often difficult client population experiencing barriers to housing stability.
- Experience working with community resources and familiarity with the population being served.
- Strong organizational ability with attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Interest and ability to work as a member of a team and independently.
- Good communication, administrative, typing and computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work various hours on site and on call as required.
- A commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities including understanding and identifying with the organizational mission.
- Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 25 pounds.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
We offer a congenial and team approach work environment with opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Our benefits are competitive offering 13 holidays per year, personal time and up to three weeks of vacation after a year of service among many other generous benefits.