Sunset Point Camp - Who We Serve

Most campers live in the Dorchester, Mattapan, and Roxbury neighborhoods of Boston, which are home to the largest population of poor income children under the age of 18—42% of children here are living below the poverty level. About 90% of the Sunset Point campers live below the poverty line; the other 10% come from families whose income falls just above the federal poverty index. 

  •  70% of campers live in the Dorchester, Mattapan, and Roxbury neighborhoods of Boston
  • 15% of campers come from other Boston neighborhoods, including Charlestown, East Boston, Hyde Park, Roslindale, and South Boston
  • 10% of campers live on the South Shore, largely in Randolph and Brockton
  • 5% of campers travel from Haverhill, Lawrence, and Lowell