Using Community Interpreter Services to communicate with persons of limited English proficiency will help your organization comply language access laws. These laws were created to ensure that as an LEP, the individual is able to function in society as highly as an English proficient person. This Executive Order from Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is the most prominent, and below are some others.
- Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978
- Americans with Disability Act of 1990 (ADA)
- Health Information Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 (GLBA)
- Centers for Medicare and Medical Services (CMS)
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)