We are now over four months into the COVID-19 pandemic that continues to have a widespread impact on Catholic Charities of Boston’s 70+ programs and services.
Throughout this crisis, we have been able to remain open to provide shelter and living assistance, put food on families’ tables, and provide counseling, education, immigration services and other assistance to those most in need in our communities. We could not do it without the unwavering support of our dedicated, compassionate donors and community partners, and the commitment of our CCAB team members- those behind the scenes and on the front lines- who continue to show up to serve our communities.
Below, we’ve highlighted some of the many ways in which our team has shifted to continue supporting our neighbors in need:
- Over 1 million lbs of food distributed from our food pantries
- Our women and family shelters have continued supporting residents and delivering food and personal items to local community members in need
- Our Teen Center at St. Peter’s continues to support teens and their families with recreation, education and basic needs assistance
- Our child care staff shifted to supporting students and their families virtually when the state required a shut down, and reopened successfully at the end of June with new regulations in place to keep all students, teachers and staff healthy
- Adult Education/ESOL teachers shifted to virtual classes, and counseling services shifted to tele-health services to continue supporting clients
- Our Refugee and Immigration Services staff has provided continued client support
As COVID-19 continues to have an impact on everyone, especially our most vulnerable community members, we need your help to continue providing those most in need with critical programs and services. Please consider making a donation by clicking below.
Thank you for your generosity!