FOOD PANTRY COORDINATOR
The Catholic Charitable Bureau of the Archdiocese of Boston is seeking a part-time Food Pantry Coordinator for Lowell Food Pantry. The position is 25 hours per week.
· The Food Pantry Coordinator maintains the food pantry inventory by placing orders with vendors as well as purchasing food and non-food items from local stores.
· Performs inventory of food pantry assets on a weekly basis.
· Stocks pantry shelves as needed.
· Insure that the operation of the food pantry meets all health and food safety requirements.
· Coordinate the pick up’s of donations from the Food Banks, parishes, stores and other places as needed. Processes food donations and unload deliveries upon arrival.
· Responsible for implementing food pantry policies and procedures per the Director.
· Meet with clients and input all basic needs client data and other related information into the computer on a timely basis.
· Recruit volunteers from colleges, parishes and local high schools (public and parochial).
· Trains, schedules and provides daily supervision of food pantry volunteers and staff.
· Oversees volunteering community groups and assign responsibilities to volunteers as needed.
· Prepare all food pantry monthly reports as needed.
· Respond to a high volume of needs related calls and questions.
· Represent the agency and be involved in community meetings regarding to hunger and food insecurities
Qualifications include a bachelors or associate degree in the field of health and human services. Minimum three year experience in food pantry operation. Educational requirement can be waived if appropriate and relevant experience in the food pantry operation.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference job # 8088 in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at: www.ccab.org.