RECEPTIONIST – PER DIEM
Catholic Charities of Boston seeks a per-diem Receptionist for our main desk located at the Yawkey Center in Dorchester.
The Receptionist is responsible for overseeing the activity of the front desk and reception area and is accountable for maintaining reception desk coverage which includes answering incoming phone calls, greeting clients and visitors upon arrival. The Receptionist is responsible for good representation both visually and personally while maintaining a high level of confidentiality for the agency, its clients and visitors.
The essential functions include; monitor the activity of the front door by greeting and asking all visitors to sign in and out. Distribute visitor badges. Promptly greet visitors and direct them to the waiting area. Announce the arrival of the visitor to the employee that is being visited. Introduce the visitor to the employee. Provide desk coverage at all times during scheduled hours. Back up coverage must be requested and present before leaving the desk unattended.
Assist with language translation when needed and assist with secretarial functions as assigned.
- Qualifications include a High School diploma or HiSET equivalent is required.
- Three years of prior experience working as a Receptionist in a multi functioning busy environment.
- Bilingual ability. English, Haitian, Spanish and/or Cape Verdean Creole preferred.
- Friendly telephone and interpersonal skills required with demonstrated ability to show patience and compassion to people in crisis or exhibiting signs of stress.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other staff and programs in the building.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Strong organizational skills required with ability to multi-task.
- Experience working with people of all ethnic, cultural, social and economic backgrounds
- Good typing skills and knowledge of computers including the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Please reference job #8096 in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at: www.ccab.org.
No phone calls please.