BASIC NEEDS CASE MANAGER
Catholic Charities Basic Needs Program which is located at the Yawkey office in Dorchester, seeks a part-time Basic Needs Case Manager to join our team of dedicated professionals.
The Basic Needs Case Manager attends to the individuals and families in need of Basic Needs case management services, including Homelessness Prevention and assistance to attain public benefits. The Case Manager meets with clients on a regular basis to assess clients’ needs, develop and implement stabilization plans, advocate for the client, and help them organize their monthly household budget. The Case Manager will assist in the recruitment and supervision of volunteers and interns for the program and provides support to the Basic Needs food pantry services and reception area as needed.
- Qualifications include a Bachelor degree in Human Services or Social Work.
- Two years of experience working as a case manager in a similar environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to express patience and compassion to all individuals in crisis or under personal stress.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Patience and kindness to work with the public and individuals in need of support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Adobe, etc).
- Bilingual in English and Portuguese preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference job #8094
No phone calls please.
We are equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at: www.ccab.org.